Hang on, folks, because hurricane season is upon us. It is likely that by the time you are reading this article, there has already been a tropical storm or worse. And in the Caribbean islands, we know all about hurricanes, high winds, and storm surges that can quickly devastate a nation. Are you ready for this year's above-average predictions?
Above Normal Predictions
You read that right- The predictions by the NOAA Climate Prediction Center are calling it an active year. This is the seventh year in a row that has been the case. So, perhaps we are looking at a new normal? Here is what the experts have released.
“NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic Hurricane Season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 65 percent chance of an above-normal season, a 25 percent chance of a near normal season, and a 10 percent chance of a below-normal season.”
As with every year, the people of the Caribbean need to be prepared for the months that follow.
Be Prepared for Hurricane Season
Residents of the Caribbean islands and the coastal US, including Florida, are readying their families for the weather to come. Are you ready? Here is a beginning checklist to help you on your way to a safer hurricane season in 2022.
We highly suggest you stock up on the following items:
Do your best to get stocked up and help a neighbor out too. The more we work together, the more we unite as people of the Caribbean Nations.
CITED: jamaica.loopnews.com, NOAA, Kayifi.com